Last Updated on by
A multi-process welding machine is one that carries out different welding tasks. With such a machine, a welder can carry out multiple welding processes with the help of a single machine. These machines vary in type and make. They save a welder time which would have been spent transferring the material from one machine to another.
They are also cost-efficient as they save money which would have been spent buying more than one machine. However, like everything else, there are pros and cons of using a multi-process welder. In this post, we will be critically considering the pros and cons of a multi-process welder in order to decide if you are better off with one welder per process of if multi-process welders are the real deal.
PROS OF MULTI-PROCESS WELDERS
- Saves money- Multi-process welders save money. A single TIG welder could go for $600. However, you could get a multi-process welding machine that performs TIG, MIG, and Stick welding for a little over a thousand dollars. multi-process welders definitely save money.
- Saves time- With several machines, you would need to plug and set-up each machine separately before you can work. However, good multi-process machines take away the need for that. This is because they have fast switching between processes.
- Perfect for people with small space- If you do not have a large space in your workshop, a multi-process welding machine could be your saving grace. They are not always extra-large so you could fit three machines in a much smaller space.
CONS OF MULTI-PROCESS WELDERS
- If it crashes, welding stops- Having just one machine means that if it crashes, you are held at a ransom.
- Not portable- You cannot exactly expect a three-in-one machine to be light. However, good multi-process welding machines are not too heavy.
- Cheap ones are rip-offs – This is not exactly a con, it is common sense. If you want a good welding machine, do not expect to spend pennies. Be ready to spend so the machine can last long. Cheap ones break fast. Also if a multi-process welding machine is cheap it most-likely can’t do all jobs well.
Multi-Process Welding Machine; yay or nay
Multi-process welding machines are definitely a yay PROVIDED that you buy high-quality ones. If you don’t you’d end up wasting money. Check out some of the best multi-process welding machine available.