Last Updated on by
Safety is a paramount subject to note for any welding activity. Welding can be a safe profession or activity if the right safety tips are followed but if not followed the welder will face hazards while at work. These hazards pose a threat to the welder.
Must Read – How Do You Clean And Use A Welding Jacket
Some of these include fumes, electric shock, explosions, sparks, burns, cuts, spatters, injuries and fire. Most of the hazards associated with welding can be put under control by imbibing safe work practices, control on the engineering framework and also putting on a welding jacket which is an apparel used to protect oneself, this can be accompanied by other protective equipment.
Some of the hazards are stated as follows:
- Sparks or Burns resulting from a fire.
- injuries as a result of excess heat
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Electrocution or electric shock
- Inhalation of toxic fume especially when the welding takes place in a confined place with little or no ventilation
- Poor light exposure
- Hearing loss could happen as a result of extremely loud noise
- Loss of sight as a result of excess light or injury to one’s eyes
- During the welding activity, hazardous gas can be released, this poses a huge threat to the health and general well-being of the welder.
- Another hazard or threat that is considered to be highly dangerous is the course fatality.
Welding involves the use of heat to attach two materials usually metal. The main source of heat used to weld is electricity, therefore the dangers, risks or hazards that come with welding are mostly heat and electricity issue related.
Must Read – Best Welding Jacket
These dangers or hazards are readily reduced by following safety precautions, this will be greatly addressed and considered safe in very developed countries. While in developing nations it is considered to pose more threat and more dangerous.
Some hazards faced by those that weld does not immediately take effect. For example, the ultra-violet radiation and the inhaling of fumes can injure or even kill the welder in a space of time. Welders need to take the safety precautions to heart and actively practice it while in the working environment.